Double Degree Programme
The Faculty of Social Sciences has an exchange agreement with Fudan University in Shanghai, China, which allows eligible students in Global Studies, Development Studies and Social Stdies of Gender, to apply for a full year’s study at Fudan University. These students will obtain a Master’s degree from Fudan University in addition to the Master’s degree from Lund.
- Degree of Master in Sociology, Social Anthropology or Social Work, with specialisation in Chinese Society, at Fudan University.
- Degree of Master of Science (120 credits) in Global Studies, Development Studies or Social Studies of Gender Studies, at Lund University.
Double Degree Programme Course Structure
Courses at Lund University for students in Global Studies, Development studies or Social studies of Gender:
- SIMP17 - Introduction to Global Studies and SIMP19 - Globalisation, Conflict, Security and the State
- SIMP25 - Gender, Class, Ethnicity and Sexuality and SIMP26 - Critical Feminist Perspectives on Social Theory,
- SIMP35 - Theories and Issues in Development and SIMP36 - Historical Aspects of Development
- Theory of Science/Research Method, 30 ECTS
Mandatory courses at Fudan University:
- Introduction to Chinese Society, 10 ECTS / 3 Chinese credits.
- Introduction to Chinese Culture, 10 ECTS / 3 Chinese credits.
Elective courses at Fudan University (each course equal 10 ECTS or 3 Chinese credits)
- Chinese Social Development and Globalization
- Chinese Rural Society
- Chinese Demography and Social Policy
- Conducting Research in Chinese Context
- The Transitional Chinese Society
- Religion in Chinese Society
- Doing Fieldwork in China
- Culture and Health
You will receive more detailed information on this option during your studies. If you are interested in this option, contact the Faculty of Social Sciences International Office.
Questions about exchange studies and studies abroad.
Phone: 046-222 72 04
E-mail: Katarina [dot] Follin [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se
Visiting hours: Tuesday 11-12 am, or on request. E-mail for an appointment.